To enjoy a more pleasurable and safer stay, follow these recommendations:
• DO NOT allow solicitors to approach you asking for money in exchange for tourist information on public roads. Tourist guides do not offer their services on the street.
• Avoid wearing jewels of carrying electronic goods when visiting very crowded places.
• Look after your valuables and baggage, as well as cameras and rucksacks.
• Carry only the necessary money and do not let it be seen on public roads.
• Change money in established currency exchange houses, never on the street; nor allow yourself to be led by strangers to one of them.
Emergency Phone Numbers
Andean Rescue Service
Municipality of Santiago Security Department
Telephone 800 20 30 11
Central +56 2 2 7136000
WhatsApp +56 9 78597199