In 1720, the married couple formed by Juan Francisco Briand de Moringandais and Juanita Caxijal y Solar settled in this sector. They arrived from Concepción when Juan Francisco was appointed Treasurer General of the Crusade in Chile.
The plot of land where they settled was close to Plaza de Armas, but later on they moved to the west side of town, on a corner of the street known at the time as Francisco Riberos, although it began to be called “Calle de Morandé”, as the surname Moringandais was Hispanicized.
Photography. Lorena Bruna, Tour Guide