It is one point where most of the social and commercial activity of Franklin neighborhood is generated, it’s an attractive place for purchasers from all corners of Santiago. By an initiative of Santiago City Hall it was built in 1847 with the idea of using that place as a center of slaughtering and distribution of meat. During its peak, around 350 cows and 350 pigs were processed in a week. Between 1940 and 1960 the area lived an important commercial progress, with the installation of different shops around Matadero, it becomes in a seal of popular trade and it continue with the rest of the neighborhood.
Franklin, 900, Santiago.