It is a scientific and university museum that has more than 60 years of history and whose objective is that visitors take contact with the history of chemistry and pharmacy.
Dependent of the Department of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, in conjunction with the association of Chemists, Pharmacists and Biochemists of Chile, the museum exhibits a valuable collection of objects, such as a 1890 microscope that invites you to take a trip to the past; scientific publications of the sixteenth and eighteenth centuries, in addition to objects that were once essential in scientific laboratories such as mortars, distillers, weighing scales, microscopes, and pillboxes.
They are treasures that invite people to know the scientific development in Chile, from the 19th century to the present.
In 1951, a room of the Chemistry and Pharmacy of the University of Chile department was useful to exhibit objects recovered by Professor César Leyton, that in 1987, were transferred to the Professional Association of Pharmaceutical Chemists, located opposite the Forest Park
Currently and with more than 60 years of history, the museum is focused on spreading the riches of its collection and that visitors get in contact with the history of chemistry and pharmacy in Chile and the world.
Merced, 50, Santiago.