This beautiful building in French neoclassical style was, until 1943, the home of mining entrepreneur and farmer, Rafael Ariztía Lyon.
Ariztía was a member of the Chilean aristocracy and inherited a considerable fortune from his parents. He was also known for making important contributions to innovation in different areas, such as agriculture and mining.
Until 1976, the palace housed the Military Club and, from 1993 onwards, the Santiago headquarters of the Chamber of Deputies; in 2009 it was transferred to the Constitutional Court. In 2017, the Ministerio de Bienes Nacionales gave the property in concession to the Universidad Tecnológica Metropolitana, UTEM, to house its headquarters and extension center open to the community.
Designed by architect Alberto Cruz Montt, this was one of the last palaces to be built in the country in the early 20th century.
In classical French style, it has luxurious halls and corridors, which include large mirrors and cast metal doors. The central hall features several columns, stained glass windows and a beautiful chandelier in the ceiling.
Avenida Libertador Bernardo O'Higgins, 1642, Santiago.