Known as the Spanish Circle, it was built in 1906 for Fernando Irarrázaval Mackenna and is the work of architect Alberto Cruz Montt.
Irarrázaval inherited from his father a substantial fortune and a particular social sense that led him to express his opinion about the problems affecting the humbler sectors of the capital.
The palace was built as a family residence from 1906 onwards.
In December 2017, Consejo de Monumentos Nacionales (Council of National Monuments) approved the declaration of this building as a Historical Monument.
A three-story building with a wide attic on the top floor, it features a rhythmic, lively façade thanks to the varied work on the openings, which change on each level. It has an elegant access ornamented with columns, lamps and crowned by a small balcony.
Inside, the large rooms preserve their elegance, with furniture of artistic value, large mirrors and paintings of historic value.
Changes were made to the Orange Tree Courtyard, which today is an immense room for receptions, as well as to the former chapel redecorated in a Spanish Renaissance style, where the saloon bar now operates.
Avenida Libertador Bernardo O'Higgins, 1550, Santiago.